Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

An Indian Prayer...




O' GREAT SPIRIT,
Whose voice I hear in the winds,
And whose breath gives life to all the world,
hear me! I am small and weak, I need your
strength and wisdom

LET ME WALK IN BEAUTY, and make my eyes
ever behold the red and purple sunset

MAKE MY HANDS respect the things you have
made and my ears sharp to hear your voice.

MAKE ME WISE so that I may understand the
things you have taught my people.  

LET ME LEARN the lessons you have hidden
in every leaf and rock.

I SEEK STRENGTH, not to be greater than my
brother, but to fight my greatest enemy---myself.


MAKE ME ALWAYS READY to come to you with
clean hands and straight eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please refrain from derogatory comments. Try to maintain comments as to inspire polite dialog.